"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
In a recent blog post, Pastor Mark Driscoll of Mars Hill Church in Seattle, Wash., detailed nine reasons why he believes pro-life Christians should refrain from marrying pro-choicers.
9 Reason Not To Marry A Pro- Choice Person:
1. You submit to the authority of Scripture, and they do not.
2. You believe all that the Bible says about human life: that it is superior to animal life, endowed with a soul, and imprinted with God’s image. They do not.
3. They do not value children the same way that you do. You cannot bring a child into this world with someone who does not value the child as God does and as you do.
4. If your future unborn child is suspected to have some sort of complication or “birth defect,” the conclusions you and your spouse will arrive at could very easily be life versus death.
5. If a future pregnancy comes at a tough time (job loss, inconvenience, hard season of life), you may find yourself under pressure to murder the child—a massive, stressful, possibly irreconcilable conflict.
6. If they do not think biblically about having children, it’s probably safe to assume that they won’t think biblically about raising children either.
7. Division is literally two visions, and you have division about issues that are exceedingly deep and important. This will cause a rift in your marital relationship that is supposed to be “one flesh.”
8. They disagree with God, and you cannot spend your life supporting someone who disagrees with God on a matter as vital as human life.
9. They are wrong. here
First of all, I take offense (something Liberals so appreciate) that this is supposedly “controversial”. Doing what’s right, standing up for or speaking out for what is right, is NOT “controversial”. It’s simply a term to demean and undermine what is good and right, to the ‘low information voter’.
What is controversial . . . shockingly and disgustingly so, is that we don’t stop with legally allowing the murder of the unborn baby, but promote it and pay for it with taxpayers money. A scourge on our nation.
Secondly, #9. should be #1. It’s just wrong, as all murders are wrong. That’s why we made it illegal; a criminal act. That is not controversial or even up for discussion. You have to live in a world of insanity to find ways to rationalize murder. So, why would any individual want to burden himself further by marrying a Pro- Murderer?
In the article Pastor Mark Driscoll admits that at one time, he was for “choice” (let me say that I reject the term ‘pro- choice’. If you speak with these people, they are anything but pro-choice — they have one, adamant, written in stone view and that’s abortion; not ‘choice’). I don’t know or care to understand, how anyone touting to be a Christian could be for abortion, which according to the God they worship, is murder. We as human beings, are not given the ‘choice’ to murder the innocent. I am thankful Driscoll did come to see the light.
The 9 reason’s he laid out are good and worth reading as well as repeating. But it does come down to just one reason — God says it’s wrong, a sin, and not be done.