"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
This was borrowed, with thanks, from http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2010/09/compare-and-contrast-karl-marx-10-point.html
“Compare and Contrast: Karl Marx’ 10 Point Program of Communism and the Obama-Pelosi-Reid Agenda
According to Karl Marx, the following ten elements were requisite conditions for “a transition from capitalism to communism.”
1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes. Washington Examiner: The great Obama land grab: “White House officials have been meeting quietly with environmental groups to map out government plans for acquiring untold millions of acres of both public and private land… The federal government, as the memo boasted, is the nation’s ‘largest land manager.’ It already owns roughly one of every three acres in the United States… This is apparently not enough.”
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax. National Taxpayer Union: The top 1% of taxpayers already pay 40% of all income taxes. The top 5% pay 61% of all income taxes. And the top 25% pay 87%. The bottom 50% pay 3% of all income taxes.
3. Abolition of all right of inheritance. USA Today: “Estate tax to return in 2011, and it could hurt ordinary folks.”
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants [those leaving the country] and rebels. New York Post: The President’s new jobs-killer: “…President Obama explicitly targeted the industry for two massive tax hikes. First, he’d ban oil and gas companies from using the ‘Section 199’ tax credit, a measure for domestic manufacturers enacted in 2004 to boost US employment… Second, he wants to end ‘dual capacity’ protection for US energy firms… Without this shield against double taxation on foreign revenues, American companies would be competing on an uneven global playing field… Yet, by the federal government’s own economic model, these tax hikes would lead to huge, immediate job losses.”
5. Centralisation of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly. New York Post: Democrats, Fannie Mae still issuing subprime loans, even after meltdown. And CNS News: Obama to Nationalize Student Lending with Pending Budget Bill.
6. Centralisation of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State. Tom’s Hardware: “Bill Allows Obama Power to Shut Down Internet.” And “Advertisers on talk radio targeted by Congressional investigations.” And “In an exclusive interview with Rolling Stone Magazine, President Obama made the extraordinary claim that Fox News is ‘destructive to [America’s] long-term growth.’.”
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan. National Legal and Policy Center: “Obama Arranges Takeover of GM and Chrysler; Auto Workers Union Gets Huge Stake.” And Discover: “New EPA Rules Clamp Down on Mountaintop Removal Coal Mining.” And News 9 Oklahoma: “EPA to Crack Down on Farm Dust.”
8. Equal liability of all to labour. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture. Wall Street Journal: “SEIU’s Stern Tops White House Visitor List.” And The Blaze: “Obama’s OFA, Churches Join Democratic Socialists for Saturday March in Washington.”
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of the population over the country. Heritage: “The Clean Water Restoration Act Means Troubled Waters For Property Owners”: “…The Waxman-Markey global warming bill is far and away the most worrisome environmental measure currently working its way through Congress, but it is certainly not the only cause for concern… S. 787, the Clean Water Restoration Act (CWRA)… would do much more harm than good, especially for farmers, ranchers, developers, energy producers, and other property owners.”
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children’s factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production.: New York Sun: “Obama Tells Teachers Union He Opposes Vouchers.” And Big Hollywood: “[Teachers’ Union] NEA: Obama’s Ministry of Propaganda.”